TUTORIAL: The easiest way to remove glitter nail polish!

So I was looking online one day and stumbled upon an easy way to remove glitter nail polish that involves white glue! So I decided to try this as I feel it's 10x harder to remove glitter on gel/acrylic nails since we can't do the foil wrap (the acetone will ruin my nails). Anyways, I tired this technique and I will NEVER be afraid to wear glitter again! :)

 


STEP ONE: Gather all your supplies. You will need your glitter nail polish, white glue (like the kind you used when you were a kid!), and a nail polish brush.

STEP TWO: Put a little bit of glue on a piece of paper for you to pick up with the nail polish brush. (I've seen people put the glue in an empty nail polish bottle, but this way you can use just what you need, and not need to empty out a bottle).

STEP THREE: Paint your nail(s) with one coat of glue. Remember, the thicker you apply the glue, the longer you will have to wait!

STEP FOUR/FIVE: The glue will go on white on your nails (step 4), but after 10 or so minutes, the glue will dry completely and turn clear (see step 5)!

STEP SIX: Paint your nail(s) with your glitter nail polish! I chose to paint mine (3 coats) with a strong red glitter from Sally Hansen.

STEP SEVEN/EIGHT: When you're ready to remove your nail polish, you can just use a cuticle pusher or orange wood stick to scrape/pick off your glitter nail polish! It will start to come off in little pieces, but as you can see in my last picture, it may also come off in one big chunk!

Labels: