TUTORIAL: How to get BIGGER and FULLER Lashes!



Hey everyone! I have something NEW to share on my blog today.. a makeup post! I rarely (ok, I never) post about makeup, and I'm not sure why because I LOVE makeup and cannot go a day without it (I'm sure most of you agree!). I'm pretty sure my money mainly goes to nail polish and makeup :(
I have naturally dirty blonde hair. That includes my eye brows and eyelashes. So if I don't wear makeup (eye makeup to be exact), I look weird.. So I need to make my eyes stand out! I'm not fond of fake eyelashes or even getting those lash extensions, so I just layer the mascara on! I always get asked if my lashes are real and how people are jealous. So if you want the same look, here's how I do it :)



What I used:
I realized as I was taking photos that all my eye makeup is from Essence... clearly I love this brand more than I thought!!  I buy it all from Shoppers Drugmart. It's very inexpensive for what you get, and definitely a huge competitor in my books against the bigger name brands. I would HIGHLY recommend their products to everyone (even their nail polish is amazing!).

Onto the makeup! PLEASE DON'T FOCUS ON MY EYEBROWS... I know, I need to get them done ASAP. Maybe I should have done that before doing this post... hmmmm....


Okay, so here is my eye - makeup free!  I can't believe I am even posting this picture.. I never leave my house or see people without eye makeup.. oh man. Your welcome people.


STEP ONE:



The first thing I do is put on eyeliner. I apply it to my upper AND lower waterlines.


STEP TWO:




I then apply my gel eyeliner to my eyelid right at the base where my eyelashes come out. I apply it very closely so there is no gap between my eyelashes and my eyelid.


STEP THREE:



I took my Essence Maximum Definition Mascara and apply a couple of coats (I don't count how many coats.. I just keep applying until I am happy with the length and thickness Note: With this type of mascara, you won't get crazy thickness). I try to use a mascara that has a plastic bristle brush as my starter. This helps my lashes separate and lengthen.

Continue applying mascara from Step 4 & 5 while previous mascara layers are still WET!


STEP FOUR:



Then I applied a couple of coats of Essence Stays No Matter What Mascara. At this step, I usually like to use any mascara that has a bristle brush, but isn't so big. This helps thicken the lashes without clumping them up.


STEP FIVE:





Now this step is crucial! Use a mascara with a HUGE bristle brush. I find that Essence's I Love Extreme Mascara is great for this. I apply it over my lashes and it helps make them fuller and thicker. I also use this mascara on my bottom lashes. I don't care if my bottom lashes are really long, so I just want them to be darker and that's why I use this mascara on them.



BRUSH SIZE COMPARISON






I hope you guys like this post! If you have any recommendations on how to get your lashes bigger, please let me know!! & If any of you try this, please share! I'd love to see :)

Labels: ,