TUTORIAL: How to Make Your Own Nail Polish Ornament


Hey everyone! I was browsing pinterest the other day and found out how to make my own nail polish ornaments! I'm always interested in seeing different ways that nail polish can be used :) I decided to make one, and while I'm at it, make a tutorial for everyone!



What you need:
 Try to use a nail polish that isn't too thick.. otherwise you'll have trouble trying to coat your ornament!

Step One
Get your ornament, and take out the cap. It should easily come right out when you start to pull.


Step Two
Pour your nail polish directly into the ornament. I used Sally Hansen's - Red Carpet. Pour as much as you want into the ornament (I poured more then half my nail polish bottle inside!). Don't worry, because you can pour the excess amount back into your bottle after!


 Step Three
  Coat the entire ornament by turning it slowly on an angle. The thicker your nail polish is, the more time it will take you to coat the ornament. I actually poured some nail polish thinner in my nail polish before putting it in the ornament, which made it easier to coat the inside.


Step Four
Pour any excess nail polish back into your nail polish bottle.


Step Five
Put your ornament face down in a cup for all the excess polish to drip out. This is why the paper towel is useful - it saves your cup from the nail polish! I left mine on top of the cup overnight to dry.


ALL DONE :)
Just pop the cap back on, and you're finished!

Here are two ornaments I made!

Labels: ,