March Julep Maven Box - Classic with a Twist


I got my Julep box in the mail the other day! I was excited to get this box mainly for the blush (surprisingly because the nail polish colours are so awesome). I chose the Classic with a Twist box because I really liked the two colours of polish included in the box.


I received their Glow Pore-Minimizing Blush -Peach Bellini, Caitlin (a shocking hibiscus with gold shimmer), and Mariska (a juicy tangerine shimmer).



I already have a pink blush, so I decided to choose their Peach Bellini blush. It's so pretty, and has a a very subtle shimmer. I tried it on right away and it's definitely a keeper!


 The first polish that caught my eye was Caitlin. It's a shocking hibiscus with gold shimmer, and I couldn't resist getting it! It's so pretty in the bottle... Unfortunately that's as far as it goes. I painted my nails with two coats and it dried very matte and streaky almost. I had to put a top coat on it for it to even look nice. AND, there is NO gold shimmer on my nails :(

Here's an up close shot of the bottle so you can see the gold shimmer.
Two coats, NO top coat.
Two coats, AND one coat of top coat.




 
 Mariska is the other nail polish included in this month's box. Mariska is a juicy tangerine shimmer. Just like Caitlin, this polish also dries matte and goes on streaky. A top coat was needed to make this look nice.. and again, no shimmer on my nails :(

Here's an up close shot of the bottle so you can see the shimmer.


Two coats, NO top coat.
Two coats, AND one coat of top coat.


If you guys want to try Julep boxes, you can get your first box for FREE
Go to Julep's website and complete their survey to find out what your monthly style is! 
Then purchase the monthly box but use code FREEBOX on checkout to make it FREE!

Labels: ,