Mani Swap with Pawlished.Kait


Has anyone done a mani swap? I don't really see this being done as blogs as much as I see it on instagram. My friend, pawlished.kait suggested we do a mani swap since we did Bestie Twin Nails not too long ago. The difference between the two is that the Bestie Twin Nails is where you and someone else come up with an idea and create the same design on your nails. A mani swap, is when you recreate someone else's old manicure.

I decided to recreated pawlished.kait's white and blue striped mani.

These are Pawlished.kait's nails
(marked with her old IG name!)
For my nails, I started with two coats of Sinful Colors - Snow Me White. The first coat was really streaky, so I'm really glad the second coat went on nicely and dried quick. I used some Thin Line Nail Guides and laid them on my nails in the same spots that pawlished.kait did. I painted over the areas of my nails that were left exposed (and where the blue polish was shown on her nails) with one thick coat of Beyond the Nail - Spring Blue Creme. While still wet, I carefully peeled away the nail guides. I topped everything off with PRO-FX - Quick Dry Topcoat.



Pawlished.Kait recreated one of my designs too, see below!



Labels: , ,