BrushEgg Review


Have you guys heard of the Brushegg? It's a silicone egg shaped product that helps you easily clean the leftover makeup on your brushes and sponges. The back of the Brushegg is smooth and curved, and displays their logo. The front of the Brushegg has these ridges and bumps which is what you swipe your brush on to remove the makeup.


 I've noticed a couple of people blog about it and I always wanted one, so a week ago I went and bought one in mint :) It came to a total of $14 CDN (with shipping) and arrived 3 days after (super fast processing & delivery).

My dirty makeup brushes & sponge
 I used the Brushegg to clean my ELF brushes and my BeautyBlender. To use the Brushegg, you stick two of your fingers into the bottom of the egg, apply a small amount of your cleanser (I used my BeautyBlender Cleanser) to the Brushegg, get your brushes wet, and then start swiping your brush back and forth over the ridges. As the leftover makeup was coming off, I would occasionally rinse the Brushegg and my brush to help remove the "dirty" cleanser. When the cleanser and my brush were clean and didn't show any signs of makeup, I rinsed it once more and then lay my brush to dry on a towel. It was definitely easier to clean my brushes this way, instead of using my hand/fingers to do it (that also didn't always get my brushes completely cleaned). 


I used the same process to clean my BeautyBlender but it was a bit harder. I know the Brushegg is mainly for brushes, but I figured it could clean my BeautyBlender too. It was only harder to clean this because the sponge absorbs a lot of water and cleanser, so I would have to rinse it out more than I did with my brushes. It took a bit longer, but it also worked so I can't complain.


I really love this product and will definitely use it every couple of weeks to clean my brushes and sponge!

  Interested in getting one for yourself? Check out the Brushegg at any of these places:
Brushegg Canada
Brushegg USA (BigCartel)
Brushegg USA (Amazon)

Labels: