Irresistible Me Review: Silky Touch Hair Extensions in Platinum Blonde


For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted long hair. I put my hair through a lot (colouring, blow drying, straightening/curling), and it breaks off as soon as it gets to a certain length. It grows fast, but gets a lot of split ends. For the past couple of months, I've been trying to leave it natural (with some slight styling since my hair is very frizzy!) to see if I can make it "healthier". I always use conditioner when washing my hair and I even leave it in for 5+ minutes to let my hair soak in the nutrients. I always use hair serums and creams to protect my hair when using heat products, but it just leaves my hair soft and doesn't seem to really protect it.

To temporarily help my hair woes, I've been sent some hair extensions from Irresistible Me to revview. After looking around on their website, I decided to choose their Silky Touch extensions in 18", Platinum Blonde (#613). These extensions are 100% Remy human hair and are such good quality. They can be washed, heat styled, cut, and coloured to give you all sorts of different looks. The thickness of the extensions decreases towards the ends just like normal hair, which helps mimic the real look of hair, making these extensions look very natural. It's no surprise that these are their best selling hair extensions!


I chose their 200g set, which includes 10 pieces: 1 pc of 4 clips (7.5"), 2 pcs of 3 clips (6"), 5 pcs of 2 clips (4"), 2 pcs of 1 clip (1.2").


When I opened my package, I was surprised to see two sections of hair in the package. One one side, includes a sample piece for you to do a test on. It's designed to help you test a piece out without compromising the condition of all the hair extensions. If the sample extension doesn't meet your standards, you can simply send the package back to Irresistible Me and exchange it for something different. 


Here is the sample section of hair extensions that I took out to test against my own hair. The pack even included three extra clips as a back-up.


All the extensions had these clips sewn into them. They were very sturdy and the clips provide the right amount of support to hold onto your hair (with some teasing of course!). The one thing I noticed when looking up close at these extensions, were the dark strands of hair throughout them. They couldn't be seen when worn, so it wasn't a huge deal to me.



Here's what I had to start with.. my blow dried "straight" frizzy hair. My normal hair is frizzy, but has more waves/curls. Blow drying & brushing it leaves me with this unfortunate texture... 


A little serum & straightening fixed the frizz and I was left with shiny straight hair! This is how I wear it most days.


To put the hair extensions in, I took them out of the package, laid them all out onto my bed so I could see the lengths of each piece, and then brushed/straightened them out. They had a bit of a curl to the end of them because of the way they were packaged. I then sectioned off a row of my hair starting from the bottom up. I teased sections of hair where the clips would be put in. Since this was the first strand of extensions I put in, there is a crease since it's near my neck, so don't think that's the hair extensions!


After putting in most of the extensions (I didn't use them all because I don't think I properly spaced them out on my head.. oops), this was the length it gave me. I might need to add some low lights to them to match 100% with my hair, but I think they're a close match as it is.


I even put my hair in a ponytail after putting in the extensions. Look how long and FULL it is! I love it. 

I'm going to be trying out different looks with these extensions and I'll post some more hair posts in the next couple of days! These extensions are really good quality and seem to be staying in my hair after being clipped in. They are heavy at first, but you will get used to them in no time! I can't wait to be able to do braids and other fun looks with these extensions :)

What do you guys think of these extensions? Would you every try them out?


Check out Irresistible Me on their various channels below:
Website  |  YouTube
Facebook  |  Instagram
Twitter  |  Pinterest  |  Google+


Labels: , ,