Nailexperiments - Easy Peel Latex Barrier Review


Earlier this week I posted about the Toronto Nail Girls Meetup and all the fun stuff we did. I got to meet a bunch of girls that I met & talk to through instagram & facebook. One of those girls was Elena from @nailexperiments. She’s the creator of Easy Peel Latex Barrier! When I found out she was making Easy Peel again, I knew I had to grab one for myself! We ended up doing a swap, and I gave her a bottle of nail polish in return for a turquoise bottle of Easy Peel! I thought the turquoise matched the BTN logo, as well as it’s just an overall beautiful colour :)



I felt like sharing my first impression on this product with you all because I've only seen this type of product featured on instagram, but not on blogs. I've never tried this product out for myself, so it’s new to me as well!


I first applied a thin layer of Easy Peel around each of my nails. It comes in a nail polish bottle, and applies with a brush just like normal nail polish. When it was fully dried (it dried super quick), I got a sponge and painted on lines of different colours using Beyond the Nail’s –Crème de Menthe, Spring Blue Creme, Spring Red Creme, & Spring Purple Creme. I sponged it on my bare nail about 3 times to achieve this level of opacity.


I then slowly peeled off the Easy Peel Latex Barrier from around each of my nails. It did leave a little bit of nail polish on my skin, but that could be because I didn't get it close enough to my nails. Either way, it left me with a much easier clean up than it would have if I didn't use it. I then topped everything off with one coat of PRO-FX – Quick Dry Topcoat.


I think this product is very helpful, and I will definitely keep using it. I have seen other people use two coats of their latex barriers for an easier and more clean cut result when trying to remove it. I think next time I’ll have to try that out. Since the drying time was so quick, I don’t think I’ll mind having to apply two coats.


If you’re interested in getting your hands on this Easy Peel Latex Barrier, follow Elena on instagram! She doesn't have a shop yet, but you can e-mail her at nailexperiments@gmail.com and she can send you paypal invoice which will include accurate shipping costs.

Labels: ,