31DC2015: Day 11 - Polka Dot Nails



Today is Day 11 of The 31 Day Nail Art Challenge! Today's challenge is Polka Dot Nails.

The nails pictured above are not at all what I had first created (scroll to the bottom of the post...). I had first created a mani that looked WAY better in my head. But after editing it and uploading it to my blog, I realized how bad they really looked. SO after scrolling along on instagram one night, I stumbled across a cute manicure done by @martienails. I knew I had to recreate it, & it would be perfect for today's challenge! 

I started by painting all my nails with Beyond the Nail - Spring Orange Creme. When dried, I got one of my dotting tools and put dots all over my ring finger and about 2/3 of my middle finger using Sinful Colors - Snow Me White. I topped each nail off with PRO-FX - Quick Dry Topcoat and quickly added on some Half Round Studs to my nails.




Here is my major #NAILFAIL...  they look like giant pepperoni's on my nails LOL. I will leave these up as a constant reminder to give 110% into each nail design before giving up & moving on.....

In case ANYONE cares, here's how I created these: I painted my nails with two coats of Beyond the Nail - Spring Red Creme. When dried, I placed some Dot Nail Decals in random spots all over my nails. I topped everything off with PRO-FX - Quick Dry Topcoat.

Check out all the other entries in The 31 Day Nail Art Challenge & don't forget to look up the hashtag #31DC2015 on instagram & twitter.



An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , ,